THE LAKE DISTRICT DISCOVERY
8 HOUR TOUR
From £295-£395 for Standard Vehicles
From £445-£545 for Executive Vehicles
Inc. Driver/Guide, Lakes Cruise and Bottled Water
This full day tour introduces you to the Lake District, a UNESCO World Heritage site of outstanding beauty history and culture. The spectacular natural landscape combines an ancient wilderness, woodlands, forests, high mountain fells, valleys and glacial lakes with an environment also shaped by traditional farming and local industries. The area is historically linked to a Roman and Victorian past.
NB: Clothing and Footwear:
Due to the nature of Lake District weather we strongly advise you wear comfortable light but warm layers of clothing and walking shoes/boots. We also recommend that you bring a waterproof jacket.
Free Luggage Storage:
Whilst your on your tour why not store your luggage free of charge at either our offices in Kendal or Windermere
NB: ALL TOUR TIMES MAYBE SUBJECT TO LOCAL TRANSPORT DELAYS DURING PEAK TIMES JUNE-SEPT
The tour is a driver/guided sightseeing tour in your chosen standard/luxury vehicle. There are times apart from your lunch, coffee/tea, short breaks, cruise etc. where you will have the option of getting out of the vehicle and walking a few hundred metres to a view point and/or a point of interest.
- View some of the most spectacular mountains and fells of the Lake District
- Visit some of the best and most beautiful lakes in England
- Cruise on one of the most famous Lakes. ALL INCLUDED in your price
- Visit traditional Lakeland towns of Bowness, Ambleside, Grasmere, Keswick, Pooley Bridge, Glenridding and Patterdale.
- Drive up and along some of steepest and most spectacular mountain passes in the Lake District.
- Enjoy a FREE drink at the Kirkstone Inn at the summit of the Kirkstone Pass
- Choose from some of best shops, cafes, restaurants and traditional English Pubs for your lunch stop
INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR:
- Pick Up and Return to your accommodation address
- Experienced and Knowledgeable Driver/Guide
- Services of Tour Manager contactable throughout your tour
- Complimentary bottled water
- Cruise on Derwent Water
- Child booster seats if required
- Free Tea/Coffee/drink at Kirkstone Inn
IN THIS TOUR AREA YOU CAN ALSO VISIT: (extras)
- Dove Cottage and The Wordsworth Museum
- Rydal Mount and Gardens
- Brockhole: The Lake District Visitor Centre
- Blackwell Arts and Craft House
- Windermere Lake Cruises
(Extras if added to Tour will incur extra time cost and entrance fees)